Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another one bites the dust....

Tomorrow markes the end of a super fabulous rotation that I have been on for the past two plus months. Sometimes being a med student is so hard. I just feel so transient all the time, and when I finally find a place where I really connect with providers and office staff it's off to something else. In this case it's off to urology, which makes this goodbye even more difficult. I have spent the last two months with an exam room OF MY OWN, a luxury unheard of for a student, the priviledge to see nearly all of the providers patients, ON MY OWN, to precept with him a plan or care I developed ON MY OWN, and this will all end tomorrow at 5:00. I will head to the hospital where I will have the priviledge of following around some pompous ass attending, and getting asked to do exciting tasks like photocopying and vital sign taking. I will have next to none of the autonomy I have become accustomed to and I will once again be put in my place. YOU ARE JUST A STUDENT...yeah, but only for eight more weeks you pompous ass. And this my friends is what I am paying $40,000 a year for, and no, this doesn't include room and board. The final countdown begins...57 more days. Deep breath.

No comments: