Sunday, January 20, 2008

Contracted...

...finally. We found a house, we made an offer, we got a great deal and we're under contract. Of course a lot is dependant on the sale of our house, but it's a step in the right direction. We love love love the house. It's in South Portland, 0.3 miles from our best pals, a house with lots of potential, but not in the way that realtors talk about houses with lots of potential. I learned in realtor speak a house with lots of potential = a dump that with thousands could be not so bad. We're plan to put in a new kitchen and maybe an expanded, but certainly new bathroom. Otherwise it really only needs refinished floors and paint. It has a great backyard (I think, looks nice anyway with two feet of snow covering it) and a garage. It's very cute, and we're really psyched.

Otherwise things are normal. My grandmother is improving every day. I had a dream last night they discharged her from rehab, I think it was more like a nightmare. I love having her close and would be very concerned if she went home, so concerned I might spend every night driving to her place to check in on her. We're going to take her to breakfast this morning, which will be nice for her to get out of the nursing home for a bit.

Kim and I signed up for a race in March. It's a 7 mile relay with 4.5 miles of bike, 2 miles of run and then a sled to the bottom of the hill around Back Bay. Should be fun, and cold...

COMLEX-PE scores were released Friday. I passed. It's unfortunate that I spent $1000 on this exam and all they tell me is, I passed. No feedback, no constructive criticism, no "here's what you do well." Just, you passed. But still a relief. Boards done, urology halfway over and now not nearly as bad as it was that first week, one more rotation to schedule and six more weeks of school...the countdown continues. And if we don't have enough going on we have an appointment with our RE in a few weeks, round two mayhaps? We'll see.

1 comment:

Ente said...

Congrats on the New House!!!!!