Thursday, March 13, 2008

Our New House

I finally feel okay talking about the house we have under contract since it looks like it actually might go through. We are so excited! We have had such a hard time getting financing with my astronomical student loans and very pathetic salary for next year. We finally were able to go through a loan program with the National Association of Doctors and Wells Fargo which *theoretically* was allowing them to overlook my student loan debt. Four committment letters later, my student loans are finally off the committment letter and we are mostly clear to close. My goodness this process took forever, and of course the most intense time (yesterday) I was home with the flu. I got a call from the loan man and he said "the underwriter has decided that we have to count your student loan debt", goodbye house we love. He told me that he was going to his supervisor and would call me back. No call back, but an approved committment letter at 5:00 PM. It was a long afternoon.

So here's a pic of our new house. We close May 2nd. We're probably going to keep this house too and rent it out, the market is really slow right now, so this seems like a good plan for now. Our new house is lovely, big backyard, tons of character, bright and sunny, no carpetting, lots or storage and in amazing shape. We just can't wait. We're pretty packed and ready to go!

And in health news, I'm back to (almost) normal. I have lysoled the bedroom, working on washing all the bedding, vacuumed the floors...hopefully to ward of influenza B from ever returning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can't wait to see it.