Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tagged!

I've never been tagged before, thanks Ente. Sometimes blogwork feels like a big popularity contest, not sure if I'm popular yet. I'm supposed to tag other people, but really, I don't know many other bloggers who read my blog, so here's your chance to de-lurk, and maybe make my list longer if I'm ever tagged again...my assignment was to turn the book I'm reading currently to page 123 and record the first five sentances. I hope that this turns into just a list of goodbooks to read now that I'm done with school. I'm reading Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald, which was recommended to me by my friend Kate. True to Kate's word, it's a very light and fun yet culturally interesting read.

page 123, "Screw finding a husband!" I laugh. Eva wears a short skirt and thigh-high boots and clops along with a sexual confidence I know I can never match. Nor would I want to. Nor do I want to swear like her, but I love it when she does.
What is everyone else reading these days? Those of you that have time to read that is...
Med School Mama, you're tagged, you reading these days? And littlestpea...you too. The rest of you, de-lurk and start blogging so I can tag you.

Mama Atkinson, if you're reading, you're probably busy with the new little guy! A big congrats to my friend Kelly, husband Mark and big sis Kayla, on the birth of their new addition Ian Carter, born on Leap Year day in the evening after a drug-free labor and delivery. Check him out, he's really cute.

Things in El-Yo's world are great, except for the two nights of interrupted sleep in a row which consist of Simon coming into bed with us and then trying to carry on conversations in the middle of the night. He tosses, he turns, he never sleeps, I bring him back to his room, he cries, "I want to sleep in Mommy-Mama's bed!" I go back to sleep in my own bed, Simon in his own bed, repeat three hours later. Poor little guy, he's been battling a cold for the last few days, not bad enough for him to stay home, although we did yesterday, but bad enough to keep him up at night coughing. He sounds pretty tight, but his lungs are clear and he doesn't have a fever. Damn winter. But in spite of that he's cute, really cute, and so fun right now. He spent yesterday with his friend Alexa and her brother and sister, "Baby Jake and Yiz (Liz)". He had tons of fun, the kids ran around like crazy and it made from a nice icy Wednesday. I just love being home with him more now that I'm done with school. I'm sure it would be more fun if he were healthy, but it's so much more fun that going to work anyway. I've been working quite a bit in the evenings at a crisis hotline here in Portland. Very interesting and a nice low key job. I wonder what's wrong with me that I think crisis work is low key? But really, I only take a few calls in a shift and if I'm lucky get some face to face time, and the rest of the time I get to read or watch TV on the computer, not a bad job at all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the "in crowd"...

Rhianna said...

I've never been popular before!